Sawgrass Taking Over!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a couple of beautiful, healthy sawgrass plants on the edge of our patio. We cut them back each year, and each year they come back a bit wider (not taller) than before. I love them, but they're taking over the patio. Again, they are beautiful plants that create a lot of privacy, so I don't want to take them out...just reduce the "footprint." I once had to take a sawgrass plant out, and it was a very difficult process - any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a couple of beautiful, healthy sawgrass plants on the edge of our patio. We cut them back each year, and each year they come back a bit wider (not taller) than before. I love them, but they're taking over the patio. Again, they are beautiful plants that create a lot of privacy, so I don't want to take them out...just reduce the "footprint." I once had to take a sawgrass plant out, and it was a very difficult process - any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks.
Why don't you get a sharpshooter shovel and divide them?

Ask a Question