gyrbfqium1h11.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I saw an enormous one this morning and before I could focus, it flew away!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We once had Hornets in hubs workshop......huge things they were too:eek::eek:
Didn't do anything to them as our motto is ( to a certain extent;)) ' live and let be'. But what I hadn't realised was that they have the same behaviour as moths and are attracted to light so during that particular summer when the lights went on at dusk and the windows were all wide open to cool the house......it was all out war trying to defend our territory ........ashamed to have to report that some were lost in battle:shame:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We once had Hornets in hubs workshop......huge things they were too:eek::eek:
Didn't do anything to them as our motto is ( to a certain extent;)) ' live and let be'. But what I hadn't realised was that they have the same behaviour as moths and are attracted to light so during that particular summer when the lights went on at dusk and the windows were all wide open to cool the house......it was all out war trying to defend our territory ........ashamed to have to report that some were lost in battle:shame:

We had a wasp nest in our loft. Really big. Thank heavens that after a spray, the whole ball collapsed onto the floorboard and the inhabitants gone!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I know how you feel. All blocky, hot and lumpy. I had a number of mosquito bites and one or two look like that. Yours looks much worse than mine though. My commiseration!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Might be a good idea to spray yourself with repellent to stop unpleasant encounter. It's very painful and even now a whole month after the mosquito bites, I have itchy lumps and they developed after swelling, like yours and itch!

Ask a Question