Yellow clustered things in outdoor garden

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I came outside yesterday to find several clusters of yellow things attached to my plant stems. Originally I thought they were aphids, but then I thought perhaps they were eggs? They were shaking back and forth - which is why I thought maybe they were eggs hatching... Curious to see if anybody has seen these before!?

IMG_1004.JPEG

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've never seen aphids like that so I looked them up on Google:

Oleander aphids are bright yellow with black legs, antennae, and cornicles (tail pipes) (Figure 2). They commonly infest oleander, common milkweed, swamp milkweed and butterfly weed. Like other species of aphids, their populations can explode in a short amount of time.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've never seen aphids like that so I looked them up on Google:

Oleander aphids are bright yellow with black legs, antennae, and cornicles (tail pipes) (Figure 2). They commonly infest oleander, common milkweed, swamp milkweed and butterfly weed. Like other species of aphids, their populations can explode in a short amount of time.
Oh my that is almost certainly exactly what they are!! Thank you!!

Ask a Question