Yellow Spots on Herbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I seem to have developed these yellow spots on my Rosemary, Oregano, Thyme and Mint in the garden, I first thought it was drought or overwatering but I have been careful with this.

Any ideas please?

Attachments

• Mint.jpg
    Mint.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Oregano.jpg
    Oregano.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Rosemary.jpg
    Rosemary.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Thyme.jpg
    Thyme.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you have the same problem with "different types" of plants in the same area it is environmental. It looks like the start of a fungus of some kind. Get a strong magnifying loop or glass and look that the leaves closely to make sure it's not a pest problem.

Every time you water always use your finger to feel deep in the soil before you water. Never just water because you think it's time. FEEL THE SOIL FIRST! Let the top inch dry well before adding water. During hot temps, the plant transpires more water but be careful because keeping the soil too wet will cause a fungus or mold problem. A lot of people think watering plants extra during hot temps keeps them cool, but it can be very harmful to the plants. Allow the soil to dry well between watering even on super hot days. Don't keep the soil wet every day.

Ask a Question