Wireworms killed my pepper plant?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
@YumYum So the sun goes lengthwise along the bed. This thing gets almost all of the HOT sun. The screen on the fence is for privacy as it’s just a wrought iron fence lol. Now the nutrition of the soil IS highly questionable… my cuc and cantaloupe leaves were doing something I’ve never seen before (I have a post about it somewhere), but this was so sudden so I’m not sure…

@Chuck Grubs… I have PLENTY of grubs all in soil behind my house. I’ve never seen them this raised bed, but many months ago I shoveled a few inches of soil from back there. I’ve been burying bokashi bucket loads in holes. Turns into beautiful compost soil mixtures, so I rolled the dice and threw a heap into this bed. I will dig up the plant and look for grubs. I’d bet my money on that being it.

EDIT: and I’m pretty sure the plant is well past the point of no return… but I won’t have time tonight to dig it up (wife’s bday 😅), so I’ll sneak out and dump the h2o2 mixture on it just for science.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
EDIT: and I’m pretty sure the plant is well past the point of no return… but I won’t have time tonight to dig it up (wife’s bday 😅), so I’ll sneak out and dump the h2o2 mixture on it just for science.
If you want to play around with it, I have another ideal but try the peroxide first and give it a few days then post a picture. That is what I do with my spare plants...play mad scientist.

Ask a Question