Winter cover crops that rabbits dont eat?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
The easy solution is to get rid of the rabbits. but is their a winter cover crop that rabbits do not enjoy feasting on?

Reaction score
Country
United States
The easy solution is to get rid of the rabbits. but is their a winter cover crop that rabbits do not enjoy feasting on?
That's a good question friend, maybe someone else will know. The only thing I know is to use repellents.

Rabbit repellents work by releasing a scent that rabbits find repulsive (often dried blood or garlic oil) or making plants taste bad (hot pepper or dried blood sprays). Flavor-based repellents are usually more effective. Just be sure to follow instructions carefully, especially as it relates to reapplying after rain. Google

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Rhubarb is fatal to rabbits. If you can mix it in your cover crop you have a great deterrent. Also, I have found that cereal rye such as Elbon, (not ryegrass), doesn't seem to be bothered much by rabbits. I can't say it is a deterrent but can say it seems to help reduce damage from rabbits.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
I took care of the problem for now. Just a basic trap. I am rabbit free for about 30 days

Ask a Question