Will this little tree straighten up on its own?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I like the bend it gives the tree a little character
Yes, thanks for this pov, it does look like it has a little bit of attitude:) I've been wondering what would happen if i just left it alone but someone mentioned that it would probably get worse so i started with the splints. So you think it will grow up okay? I do have it staked now so i won't lose it during the rainy, stormy season. I don't mind the bend if you think it will be okay at 8 ft and in a container. I will top it at 8 ft. If i put it in the ground it will become 75 feet and i don't have the space for that.:eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
did not read if it was in a pot or ground.
Thank you Esther, it is in a container and i am going to top it at 8 feet. Otherwise it will grow to 75 feet and i don't have the space for that. Yes, i was moving it around to take advantage of the sun but now the rainy, stormy season is here and i need to address stability. The rain doesn't bother it much even when it is quite heavy, but it will be challenged by high winds most likely. I started in a 3 gallon pot and repotted it in a more substantial one yesterday and staked it against the wind during this season so i think it will survive. I kind of like the bend too, but didn't know if it would affect stability at 8 ft. in a container. I'll be happy when the trunk chubbies up some. I really appreciate your input.:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Straighten it asap....the novelty of that bend will suddenly irk you Beverley. A cane, straight pole, even metal thin post, yes close to the tree tied at 3 or 4 points. It doesnt really have to go into the compost :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Verdun the bend is not so much of an issue as the overall stability and health of the tree, but if i am "suddenly irked", i will surely let you know.:) Right now i am leaning toward the advice to not fuss with it other than staking the tree to survive our tropical storms, which is done. Thank you for your participation.

Ask a Question