Wild Bunnies

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
What's the best way to keep those wild bunnies out of my garden? I spread coffee grown on around the plants, but it's been raining lately. Is there anything that I can use to effectively keep them out?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I don't have a problem with the bunnies in my yard, They stay out of my veggies and flower gardens, the spend their time eating the clover in my lawn, I like them around they poop and i use it in the garden cheap way to feed you gardens. You can try using fox urine to keep them out, you can find it at most garden centers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What's the best way to keep those wild bunnies out of my garden? I spread coffee grown on around the plants, but it's been raining lately. Is there anything that I can use to effectively keep them out?
At most gardening centers and nuserys they have a product call Liquid Fence that helps keep critters away

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

Yup. I had a cat when I was younger who used to catch rabbits and eat everything up to the hind legs for some reason. Those were left on the doorstep for an unsuspecting person to tread on! :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yup. I had a cat when I was younger who used to catch rabbits and eat everything up to the hind legs for some reason. Those were left on the doorstep for an unsuspecting person to tread on! :eek:
Young tender rabbit tastes a lot like chicken. Most cats are gourmets and sometimes want to share in their good fortune.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
I don't have to deal with rabbits, but from my pest class a fence/barrier 3' underground and a minimum 3' above ground.

I do have a huge gopher problem and most of my free standing plants are in a hardware cloth baskets I make. Raised beds and flower beds get lined with a double layer of chicken wire to the soil surface.

Physical barriers can sometimes be a little difficult or unsightly but typically are pretty success if done right.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have lots of wild bunnies that live across the street in a RV parking lot! They lived under the RV and usually running wild in my yard in the early morning and late evening, but when I let the dog out, they are gone! So the dog does a great job to keep critters out :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
When we first moved into this house 30 years ago we used to have rabbits visiting. That was way before I was interested in gardening so I really enjoyed them, very cute. Now the road behind us has more houses I don't have rabbits.. One morning we even had some cows in our yard. I found it exciting but would you believe I made the kids stay inside with me. What was I thinking?...... they'd come up on the verandah and stomp on us. My sister has cows and now I know they are quite sweet. We now have a wombat which comes in and digs holes and leaves messages on any low ledge he can do his business on and of course our Wallaby. We don't see him all that often but I get a thrill when I do. A friend further out of town has a lot of them and they eat a lot of her plants so she does roll her eyes:rolleyes: when I say I like my visitor. He can eat my Mona lavender, I have plenty.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
All I can say is put a fence around your garden. I don't think it's a good idea to poison those rabbits, animal lovers will not like it. There's no other way to drive them away except by placing a guard dog in your garden. And I'd say it is not a practical thing to do. Well, I really don't know.

Ask a Question