Wild Berry Vines and Fruit Trees

Reaction score
Many thanks for sparing me having to relive those nightmares again Zigs - the picture of what looks like a bumper forage/scrump looks far more appetizing - than that horribly sinister looking creature you found in your blackberries.

That looks like a particularly tasty apple too - as does the carpet of apples lying on the on the ground - just yelling to be picked up and taken home with you - in bucket loads :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I toyed with the idea of showing you a Tardigrade, but if you found out they were in most things you'd get Pantophobia :eek::D

Just tried one for taste comparison there, those are Cider apples, a bit bitter for eating, plenty of Wild Apple trees around though.

Haven't got my usual stock of dried/candied/sauces this year, didn't make any as I wasn't expecting to still be here:oops:

Reaction score
I toyed with the idea of showing you a Tardigrade, but if you found out they were in most things you'd get Pantophobia :eek::D

Just tried one for taste comparison there, those are Cider apples, a bit bitter for eating, plenty of Wild Apple trees around though.

Haven't got my usual stock of dried/candied/sauces this year, didn't make any as I wasn't expecting to still be here:oops:

Am glad that you only toyed with the idea of showing me a Tardigrade - especially if I would be likely to find them in most things :eek: and probably suffer with chronic Pantophobia thereafter - much as I'm extremely curious as to what they - am not going to ask - just in case you decide to stop toying with the idea of showing them.

Hmmm - yes rather bitter for eating - but hopefully you managed to gather enough to make gallons of cider :D

Well all I can say to that - is that we are all very glad that you are still with us and hopefully will be for sometime to come :) because unless I had known otherwise - I might interpreted your last comment as meaning - that you had a limited life expectancy - and hadn't planned on still being around.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I think they are cute, apart from the apparent lack of eyes and a hoover nozzle as a mouth :)

Not got a Cider press, but intend to get one in the future.:)

Sorry, not intending to pop me clogs just yet:D

Thought I would have moved by now:rolleyes:

This is a step in the right direction though :)

DSCF0076.JPG

Reaction score
zigs - even though " cute looking " sounds a whole lot better than " sinister looking " - I still don't wish to see any pictures of a Tardigrade - even though I'm having some difficulty - in wondering how something with no eyes and a hoover nozzle for a mouth could be described as " cute " :D

The sign looks like a very large step in the right direction - especially as that is the one you want to be going in - rather than the one that has something to do with clogs :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Mind you, I think Rocklings are cute too :D

Yep, all going smoothly at the moment :)

Reaction score
There are not many places here, even though I am in the country, to wander off without getting shot. I did find one blackberry bush, but by the time it ripened the dang Japanese beetles had devoured it. I was so mad! I have considered taking a camping trip to a big forest nearby, that way I can check it for edibles. I have sadly been to busy.

I like you daughters hair, Zigs. Some of the color looks like that apple.

Reaction score
I am able to get out on my bike and pick Blackberries and Blueberries in the summer. Although most of the Blueberry land has become farmland, there are still a a few places to pick them wild. I love that they last so much longer than the commercially grown ones, and I can freeze them for a supply well into the winter. I have managed to harvest huckleberries on occasion, but I have to go a little further and rarely am there at the right time of year, I just make a point of having a small plastic container in my pack when I ride "just in case".

Ask a Question