Why is my Chrysanthemum wilting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried doing research online, but all I hear is that it's either too much water, not enough water, or a disease.

I bought the plant around a month ago and it looked very healthy, I waited until the soil was very slightly damp almost dry and then watered it with water that had only a small amount of fertilizer in it around 9 days ago, I noticed at the time that a lot of the buds looked wilted or bent over, the flowers and leaves though still looked perfectly healthy. When looking at it a few days ago it still looked the same, but today I have noticed most of the flowers and leaves have really wilted. The soil hasn't been allowed to become bone dry, it's just very slightly damp.

So it has wilted very quickly. I am wondering could it be that the water which had fertilizer in it has been stood in a bottle for around a month or more, maybe it has gone off if that is even possible, and it is this that has made my plant sick.

I have moved the plant to a more brighter spot now, just in case it is not getting enough light.

Here is a picture of it:

SAM_8122.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Ross35. :) Chrysanth's are outside plants which is possibly why it's not looking so good. Try it outside for a few weeks and if it improves I'd leave it there until it starts to die back for winter. It would be best planted outside in a flower bed if you have one.

Ask a Question