White roses

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I found these in the garden at the vineyard and they look different to the other ones that I have seen but the most interesting part is that they are so full and flourishing throughout the windy city which I thought would not be a good idea to grow there. Have you got any pics and do you know what kind of rose this is ?

Attachments

• SAM_0147.JPG
    SAM_0147.JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 263
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Unfortunately, I don't know what variety it is, so I can't answer your question, but I couldn't stop myself from posting here, because those roses are really beautiful!:love: I love them. White roses have always been my favorite flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like the Floribunda shrub rose 'Iceberg' which is also available as a climber. Floribunda's repeat flower throughout the summer and the blooms grow in groups on each stem. They are also the hardiest of rose shrubs and will grow very well in harsh conditions. I have Floribunda's growing in my own garden as my climate is difficult, it's wet and windy for a good part of the year. Below is my own 'Iceberg' for you to compare with. :)

Rose 'Iceberg' (3).JPG

Rose 'Iceberg' (2).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Those are lovely white roses and like Claudine, I don't know the name for them but I have seen this type of roses around. The one Sheal shows looking similar to yours though.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Unfortunately, I don't know what variety it is, so I can't answer your question, but I couldn't stop myself from posting here, because those roses are really beautiful!:love: I love them. White roses have always been my favorite flowers.
I like red roses and I once got pink from a boyfriend and realised what they meant which made me a little sad or yellow I cant remember one of them is friendship! That one. White is pretty but I want red:)

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
It looks like the Floribunda shrub rose 'Iceberg' which is also available as a climber. Floribunda's repeat flower throughout the summer and the blooms grow in groups on each stem. They are also the hardiest of rose shrubs and will grow very well in harsh conditions. I have Floribunda's growing in my own garden as my climate is difficult, it's wet and windy for a good part of the year. Below is my own 'Iceberg' for you to compare with. :)

View attachment 10027

View attachment 10028
Oh yes this does look like them and the weather conditions are harsh so it has to be them. Thank you it has been bothering me and I would love to be able to grow them here but our climate is tropical and for some reason they just don't work here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I like red roses and I once got pink from a boyfriend and realised what they meant which made me a little sad or yellow I cant remember one of them is friendship! That one. White is pretty but I want red:)
I think that most boyfriends have absolutely no idea what certain flowers mean:p My love often gives me white roses, because he knows they're my favorite flowers. I always ask him for white roses:)
However, the first rose he gave me was red and it was beautiful too:)

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
That is good news because most of the time guys have no idea what the roses mean and for those of us who do, we get upset but at the end of the day getting any flowers is great because once you are married it is a rare commodity!

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I have three varieties of white rose. Interestingly, one of the white rose first flowers as a pink rose and as it matures it gets white color. sadly,I don't have pictures of white rose at this moment.

Ask a Question