When you think about gardening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Hi all,
When you really think about gardening and whats involved,
you'd be amazed of what gardening offers to all kinds of hobby/interest etc,

What im saying is take myself for instance I was never any good at art when i was in school, i couldnt see what the art master was talking about when he said paint what you see, "Everything looked flat or dead" when i'd finished.

And unlike my father-in-law i just could'nt find the interest to take picture after picture of flowers etc

And then life changed for me and we bought our first house with a garden and thats when all these verious interest of other's fell into place without really knowing it,
My art is the back ground to my garden (The lawn) and then the verious borders are filled with reds/ blues /pinks and so on, then came the trees, fruit trees led on to tasting and cooking good food and all home grown, Pictures of verious flowers/trees/ even bugs have a new interest as do chemistry ref what PH of the soil is and what to bring it up or lower it down and what to use to do these things ie (Epson salts / Lime/ ETC ETC,
And then the gardening takes you into nature and signs of what the weathers going to be like day to day all this by the signs of cow's laying down together
this is a sure sign rains on its way and certain birds signing away on a fine summers day "what could be better"
Even reading about the old ways of gardening and how the victorians did the gardens,,

Pest control, Manure and all the different kinds of compost etc etc,
The reading of books on the next subject you want to know about, Growing it, making jams/ chutney by the jar fulls, drings from you fruit.

Yes no matter what your level and interest in gardening you'll never be done you'll always find your garden needs a bit more of this or that tobe done befor the days over,
But remember we are all only landlords to nature and in the end all the land returns to the way nature made it,
A weed is just a plant you didnt want, "but nature did".

A lady from Leeds. ( Poem by Daniel Seamingway.)
Once a Lady from Leeds swollowed a packet of flowering seeds,

Within the hour her face was all covered in flowers and her feet was all hidden in weeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Working with flowers is like an art. This includes the arrangement of the flowers. The colors of the flowers are also considered.

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi Louisferdinland,
Nice to read such as your comments on this duller than dull day here in france,
Im one of these people who loves that deafening sound only silence can give,
What i mean is sometimes i think we should really look at what nature's given us, like the flowers and that wonderful design on some leaves
I still to this day get taken back when i see natures way of arranging things we humans just could'nt do,

Like that cob-web you sometimes see going from branch to branch on the rose bush early in the morning,
How long did it take for that spider to do such work and design?
Do you ever wonder if one of those spiders looks at your flower arrangement and think 'Thats good'??
Thanks for your comment Louis. (y)

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi Louis,
But if you look at a spiders web pattern "the way the spider has formed all his angles and cross sections !!!
you have one hell of a box garden design fo the garden, "If you could copy it"

And for those of us who are good with the camera, just think what a photo shot if you could get a spiders web shot of the web hanging down off one of your beautiful flower arrangements with all the designs of the flower and the designs of the webb !!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Gardening is my passion. I would be totally unhappy without it. Being able to 'grocery shop' in your backyard is a blessing. I also enjoy giving away extra produce, to make people happy! :)

Ask a Question