When the travel bug bites you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
I was in AK 1959 -1962 U.S. Army. Stood at attention for president Dwight Eisenhower, took a vacation and harvested tons and tons of potatoes in the Matanuska Valley at Palmer AK. At age 80 I'm not very fond of ever returning.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We did very well in Ohio, obtained some awards. The trophy in the picture if for the most desirable car that the Judges wanted to drive home.
IMG_7316 (2).JPG
IMG_7325.JPG
IMG_7320.JPG
IMG_7318 (1).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Leaving again, soon, taking Sasha. We are off to Ocean City, Maryland another car show, 4 hour drive. Back for one day then off to Nashville, Tenn. another car show with Sasha, 12 hour drive. Hope to see some local sights when at both places. Also the first of June another show scheduled, this one only 50 miles from home. Packing, Packing, Packing. In case you missed what Sasha looks like here is a shot of her. Hope after all this I can just be home for a while to garden etc.
Sasha distance2.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Sasha and her handlers just returned from York, PA. thank goodness only an hour away. we did get a Trophy titled Pro Picks.

We are now planning a trip to Syracuse, NY. the National Rod car show. But to our big surprise got a call that Sasha has been selected for the Winfield. So she is one of 6 picked across America.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Regarding the Syracuse, NY trip with Sasha, updated information----- Sasha has been selected for the 2021 Winfield Award Select Six which is held in Syracuse, NY on July 16, 2021. It is indeed an honor to be one of six selected cars from USA. The event is also the Syracuse Nationals at the NY State Fairgrounds .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Travel has been a passion with me. I have covered quite a few places. If not for my accident way back in 2006 I would have fulfilled my dream of spending a few days in Alaska. I have no confidence to do it now and so I satisfy myself by looking at pictures that have been posted on the Net by other tourists.

Alaska is a place where the sea and mountains live in tandem. And that is what I wanted to see and experience.

How has been your travel experience. Have you been to Alaska? Please post pictures, if you have.

View attachment 6327
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...ys-2012-From-Alaska-Africa-trip-lifetime.html
Where all have you traveled?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:doctor::nurse::nurse::nurse: Since the pandemic started @Tess, the furthest we've been is the local beach which is less than half an hour away.
Before that I've visited my kids in Queensland, and stayed a while in the Whitsunday Islands. Also Tasmania :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
September we are planning a trip to Vermont, only a 7 hour drive not to bad to the next car show. Then on the way back will tour about to a couple recommended places to see, one is Champlain Islands. Still working out the other details. December we go to Maryland, another car show. The people we met are awesome, sometime a few of the same show up. Its nice to chat about with folks.

Ask a Question