When the travel bug bites you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Been twice on the Oregon coastline, loved , loved it. Usually I fly into Eugene, Oregon, rent a car then head West until the coastline stops me then go North following the coastline road. Its so beautiful. driving through small town, and I mean small census under 500 people small. and the fishing towns, the ruggedness in places. quaintness. etc. One place I cannot pass up to stay is in Newport. http://www.sylviabeachhotel.com/ its the best, usually stay there about 4 nights, sweet little town. then I head way up still, stay in Astoria, that is a close proximity to touring the the coast of Washington state, again beautiful, lots of bird preserves etc. Lavender fields, cheese making stuff. Stay in Astoria about 3 nights, again a nice town. Both places have decent to good restaurants. Then I head toward Seattle, WA. where my cousins live. Next time, I want to divert to Portland, OR. And if you look at a map at the boarder of Washington State and Oregon about mid way over there are Eleven Falls to see, not a big tourist trap at all, just a park type road as you curve through the area. Loved that trip. Hope you can do it. @Becky. I have stayed at two different B&B each time in Astoria, both were fine, but neither that I would go crazy over, not like the one in Newport, but both in Astoria could be a good return too if needed, nothing against them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Got back late last night, have some shots to upload . But in the meantime. I took this shot with my cell and sent it to facebook when there. Kinda neat the shot, if I do say so myself. More later. Oh, yes, one more I can get quickly, its a sunset at a Fish fry on the beach party, with storm clouds moving about.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Was working on planning a trip to Nova Scotia in August. Then noted that my passport only had 4 months on it. So filled out all the paperwork sent it up for renewal, and it got lost. Had to start from scratch. Finally got another one. By that time the window I was looking at so to see Whales was closing. Anyway, we now will be traveling in November to Orlando for a few days at Disney and then some fishing etc. Some friends will be meeting up with us, staying at the resort so all good. That loosing the passport was nuts, now I am on guard for possible ID stealing. but since I have a unique last name, I hope it won't happen. Hope, LOL. famous last words.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Ok, trips balance of the year. A week up in the Poconos end of October, health spa resort to get all pampered up. Then 14 days in Florida, few days at Disney, some fishing, and being with some good friends. Then Christmas in Quebec., 5 days. pics later.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We are flying out Saturday to Longboat Key, Florida for a week. Yep, have to wear masks on the plane, it is what it is. Looks like Longboat Key is an interesting place to explore, never been, a very long strip of land with water on both sides. Hope for some fishing. Will rain the Sunday we are there, then looks good rest of the week. Now that I am retired, can't call this a "vacation" since I am on a continual one now. Maybe a change of scenery we can call it, LOL. See what pics I can get. Heard the beaches are beautiful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Ready set go, off again this coming Saturday to Treasure Island, Florida for a week at a resort there. This time we have planned to meet up with my cousins who live near and again my friend Sylvia. Treasure Island seems to have the same land mass set up as Longboat Key, with the gulf on one side and a long inlet on the other side the Island being a long mass of land. Not sure what sights to see, going to wing it when we get there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Back from Treasure Island. Some pics to follow soon. On one of the beaches not far from where we were staying they had a Sand Sculpture contest, awesome. We roamed about as the sculptures were working taking pic. One of them, a women, I stopped and said to her that I had seen some awesome ice sculpture up in Quebec past Christmas. She said she did the Jellyfish. So what is the odds of me chatting up "only one" of them to have that connection. The resort we stayed in , right on the ocean, ocean wave noise to fall asleep with. Also generally a nice place to visit, the island, etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
OK, up loaded the pics of the Sand Sculptures at Treasure Island. Warning, the glare of the sun was so strong I could not see the screen in my camera, I just aimed and shot, some shots are from when the people was still working on them when we happened on it Sunday, then again we went back on Thursday--the opening day. Lots of tents about to sell things also. As an FYI we were told that the sand is not from that area/beach but its shipped in because they need "better" sand to compact better. The girl I mentioned above is shown working on a female sculpture with belly endowments, kind of like an Astex Indian. And I love the eye on the elephant.
IMG_7065.JPG
IMG_7066.JPG
IMG_6999.JPG
IMG_7000.JPG
IMG_7001.JPG
IMG_7002.JPG
IMG_7003.JPG
IMG_7004.JPG
IMG_7005.JPG
IMG_7006.JPG
IMG_7007.JPG
IMG_7008.JPG
IMG_7009.JPG
IMG_7010.JPG
IMG_7011.JPG
IMG_7012.JPG
IMG_7013.JPG
IMG_7014.JPG
IMG_7015.JPG
IMG_7054.JPG
IMG_7055.JPG
IMG_7056.JPG
IMG_7057.JPG
IMG_7058.JPG
IMG_7059.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Soon will be on the move again. Taking Sasha with us. Traveling to Cincinnati, Ohio to exhibit her, and then to Knoxville, TN for another exhibit. Will be sightseeing along the way. Notified a few friends who will be meeting us at various places. Looking forward to meeting new people and hearing some accents. Total gone 10 days. All hotels, hate hotels, lets hope I can sleep.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sand sculpture looks good Esther :)

Is Sasha the cat? :)

Ask a Question