What's wrong with my lemon plant?

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
The leafs of my lemon tree suddenly change color and turn try, can someone figure out what's wrong with it? is it too much fertilizer or water?

IMG_6638.jpeg

IMG_6637.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
First, what is going on with the soil in the pot? It looks like it was first grown in some kind of clay (?) soil and then transplanted into a larger pot with an average potting mix. I'm not certain if this is directly responsible for the dead leaves, but it could be. This soil situation could be stunting the roots or causing some type of wicking or drainage issue that is harming the plant.

Even without seeing the soil, I would still think it could be likely that some kind of watering or drainage problem is to blame...

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
First, what is going on with the soil in the pot? It looks like it was first grown in some kind of clay (?) soil and then transplanted into a larger pot with an average potting mix. I'm not certain if this is directly responsible for the dead leaves, but it could be. This soil situation could be stunting the roots or causing some type of wicking or drainage issue that is harming the plant.

Even without seeing the soil, I would still think it could be likely that some kind of watering or drainage problem is to blame...

Thanks, yes I bought this plant at this size, it has yellow soil with it, then I added my own soil into this new pot, PH about 5+. I have enough fertilizer and water, not sure if it’s too much for plant.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is an unusual situation, several things may be wrong, but it hard for me to say,
pH 5 is more acidic than ideal for Citrus, or most plants. You could try to adjust that. If you are fertilizing your tree, do so at the rate recommended on the fertilizer package. That should be enough.
I would tip the rootball out of the pot and see if roots are growing well outside of that yellow clay center. If they are then perhaps the plant has overcome that problem, but if not perhaps some of that clay could be gently knocked away and replaced with potting soil.

Ask a Question