United Kingdom
August thread here

DSCF1789.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
All my garden woodwork has had a good clean today. The tea-house never lets me down, still in perfect condition after 32 years of use.
The shine has gone off the Dulux mahogany Weathershield, which is only to be expected after a year, it's the effects of the weather. I'll be giving it all another coat later in the month.

P1030210.JPG

I always have to check the decorative panels on both this and the pergola railing to make sure none are starting to delaminate. Always possible with plywood which has gone through the trauma of being cut with an electric jigsaw, whatever the age. If left, the wood rots from the inside.

P1030211.JPG

The rest is pretty tidy, few flowers at this time of the year, but that means less work.

P1030212.JPG

P1030213.JPG

P1030214.JPG

The big acer in the front garden has lost half its leaves already. It happens every year at this time. I filled half the green bin with those I ollected today. This tree is due a prune in a couple of months time. "I just can't get it to grow evenly," there's always a few branches that "bolt."

P1030217.JPG

the lawnsman

lawn and garden super freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
summer hanging on here in SW ohio, we've been forecast with some hot weather for the week ahead.
the garden here still has some decent texture and color..

DSCF4655 (2).JPG

and the banana I bought on a whim just keeps on growing!

DSCF4647.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
This summer has been crazy But at least its been gardening pretty much (y) . Thought its about time I posted something here So Here is my Red Banana............
How much can a Banana grow in three months.........First photo taken in June.......Second in September...........Ps this plant can eat People lol only last week it consumed 30 pints of old home brew( this can be expand lol It was given to me by a friend that lives down in Hastings as his doctor has told him He has to stop Drinking, I opened one of the bottles and had a taste then almost threw up In me garden :sick:!!! ...........so the Banana was the only living thing that could Handle the poison (y)) plus old pints of milk, chicken pellets, Growmore , a few banana Skins, and other Dinner wast lol...............
P1000806 (1).JPG
IMG_20190921_112111554_HDR.jpg

the lawnsman

lawn and garden super freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This summer has been crazy But at least its been gardening pretty much (y) . Thought its about time I posted something here So Here is my Red Banana............
How much can a Banana grow in three months.........First photo taken in June.......Second in September...........Ps this plant can eat People lol only last week it consumed 30 pints of old home brew( this can be expand lol It was given to me by a friend that lives down in Hastings as his doctor has told him He has to stop Drinking, I opened one of the bottles and had a taste then almost threw up In me garden :sick:!!! ...........so the Banana was the only living thing that could Handle the poison (y)) plus old pints of milk, chicken pellets, Growmore , a few banana Skins, and other Dinner wast lol............... View attachment 58538View attachment 58539
that color is awesomely spectacular!

Ask a Question