WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN MAY 2020

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan ... Is that rhubarb in there with the alliums? I wish I could grow lupins like yours - mine always get the lurgy :(
Hello @Tetters haven't seen you for a long time, how are you? and thank you.

Yes that's rhubarb a perpetual one don't know the name.
I did give up on lupins because they used to get the large greenfly on them, they used to be covered in them, but this variety doesn't. They were some free plug plants that i had with a bulb order over a year ago, think that the variety is called Gallery, don't grow too tall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya @Logan ... thanks for the tip. If I ever get out of isolation I might just give ''Gallery'' a try. We had a strange 'flu' type bug in early December which kept coming back - made us quite ill. We are now wondering if it was in fact the dreaded Covid 19 - but at present there is no way of knowing.... it was still plaguing us until the end of March and we`re not totally 'right' now :doctor:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya @Logan ... thanks for the tip. If I ever get out of isolation I might just give ''Gallery'' a try. We had a strange 'flu' type bug in early December which kept coming back - made us quite ill. We are now wondering if it was in fact the dreaded Covid 19 - but at present there is no way of knowing.... it was still plaguing us until the end of March and we`re not totally 'right' now :doctor:
Your welcome, anytime.
Sorry to hear that, you could have had it some people only get a milder form with out needing oxygen or a ventilator. The other symptom is loss of taist and smell.
Hope that you're both better soon. Logan

Last edited:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That is not what I have. I have a wood poppy. different.

Have---https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/field-guide/celandine-poppy-wood-poppy

but thanks for concern. been on my property for 10 years.

I had a look at that one, new to me :) Still got toxic leaves though so go steady :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
DSC02161.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm experimenting with cantaloupe and bush beans growing together...so far so good!

Attachments

• 20200519_103301.jpg
    20200519_103301.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 88
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I kept meaning to give this little acer a bit of a haircut, but before I did, the hot sun one day last week when I was busy "fettling" the new door for our fence, scorched the outer layer of leaves. So today, I gave it the haircut and it's always so bushy, there was a whole layer of foliage underneath so it still looks good.

P1040206.JPG

Some of our best clematis get rather hidden by other plants.

P1040203.JPG

Our sambucus is doing us proud this year.

P1040202.JPG

This is my favourite rhodo. It's an odd shape as I've wired it to keep it growing up rather than outwards, otherwise by now it'd be half way across the lawn. It just grew twice as fast as it's neighbours. It really needs moving back towards the fence in the winter, but I'm a bit too apprehensive to do it. It's tortois shell.

P1040200.JPG

It's always the last to flower and there's always lots of them. This is the first one coming out.

P1040201.JPG

Don't you just love white rhodos?

P1040198.JPG

Our new "rose patio," is starting to live up to the name we gave it. It's about time.

P1040197.JPG

Ask a Question