JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My bogbean started blooming yesterday. I bought it last spring and have been impatiently waiting for the day it bloomed.
IMG_6167 copy.jpg

IMG_6164 copy.jpg

IMG_6175 copy.jpg

Marsh Marigold
IMG_6176 copy.jpg

Yellow Star Grass
IMG_6192 copy.jpg

DrMike27

Trust me...I’m a doctor.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I don’t want to pat myself on the back too much, but I think I got this sunflower thing down.
1589574937536.jpeg

1589574970200.jpeg

Wifey’s wild flowers are looking lovely
1589575024754.jpeg

safflowers starting to bloom
1589575064668.jpeg

zucchini growing pretty big finally
1589575110431.jpeg

pumpkins (pie) sprouting from being straight in the Phoenix soil (with some amendments)
1589575171206.jpeg

And got my first watermelon!
1589575211209.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Not so much Looking Good, but, "looking better."

We wanted an Acer Palmatum Taylor in May last year.
I rang around all the local garden centres, but none had any.
So I went on line and eventually found a plant supplier which had one. "You Garden."

There was an illustration on their web site, I've just gone on there now, they are still showing the same photo.

The leaves are actually a mixture of pink, white and green.

510603.jpg

What we received for £29.99 plus postage, was this.

sick acer.JPG

I was none too pleased, so I e-mailed them to say so and they gave me a full refund including postage, the same day I complained.

It was very lop-sided.

But as it was now a "free" plant I've percevered with it.

I gave it a new pot which cost as much, so I expected it to pay me back.

It didn't do much last year and didn't look too well a month ago, but has recovered.

It's now "in training," to adopt a more balanced form. The three canes are holding the branches more or less where I want them. In a few months the canes won't be necessary. It doesn't photograph well in bright sunlight wherever I put it.

P1040158.JPG

P1040159.JPG

The moral of this story, is "Don't stand for it."

These firms probably don't get that many complaints, so are happy to accept responsibility, as they know the quality of their plants don't always live up to the photos.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
These firms probably don't get that many complaints, so are happy to accept responsibility, as they know the quality of their plants don't always live up to the photos.
We bought a patio apricot tree from Thompson and Morgan which was great. So we thought that we'd buy another, when it came it looked like a peach tree that we didn't want,but we kept it and tried it out but it wasn't a good fruit, anyway they sent a replacement with no trouble but it was still a peach tree but not as good condition. They sent another tree but still a peach but even worse condition, so we had our money back. They never gave us any bother at any stage, we didn't keep the trees because they would get peach leaf curl.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We bought a patio apricot tree from Thompson and Morgan which was great. So we thought that we'd buy another, when it came it looked like a peach tree that we didn't want,but we kept it and tried it out but it wasn't a good fruit, anyway they sent a replacement with no trouble but it was still a peach tree but not as good condition. They sent another tree but still a peach but even worse condition, so we had our money back. They never gave us any bother at any stage, we didn't keep the trees because they would get peach leaf curl.

Over the years we've bought a lot of plants from T&M. Mostly they've been fine. But when they weren't, a polite e-mail explaining the problems, together with a photo, has always resulted in a replacement or a refund, whichever we've chosen.

A technical point, I've just altered the sensitivity of my laptop keyboard, I've stopped having to go back and delete extra letters each time I type something!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Over the years we've bought a lot of plants from T&M. Mostly they've been fine. But when they weren't, a polite e-mail explaining the problems, together with a photo, has always resulted in a replacement or a refund, whichever we've chosen.

A technical point, I've just altered the sensitivity of my laptop keyboard, I've stopped having to go back and delete extra letters each time I type something!
Yes they're good at giving money back or replacing the plants.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan ... Is that rhubarb in there with the alliums? I wish I could grow lupins like yours - mine always get the lurgy :(

Ask a Question