What's looking good in February 2018

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Daren: Do you happen to know the names of the 2nd and 3rd galanthus please?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
You have really captured the pearlescence of the Saintpaulia! I love the see the silicony luminescence of all flowers.

Thank you, @alp ! :) I therefore love it! All of them have pearly flowers and blossom all year without stopping. :love:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, @alp ! :) I therefore love it! All of them have pearly flowers and blossom all year without stopping. :love:

That's because you are real mother to them. I couldn't say the same about my streptocarpus!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What special lamp is that and what's your fertiliser please? Is it the banana skin? If so, I will start another bottle!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
What special lamp is that and what's your fertiliser please? Is it the banana skin? If so, I will start another bottle!

These are lamps that have a special spectrum for plants. I'm not an expert, so I just buy such lamps in a store for plants. They have a little pink light. I fixed it on a plant rack. I like!
Fertilizers - yes, it's banana skin (infusion in water), as well as alternation of organic and mineral fertilizers. As an organic fertilizer, I use granules of manure. These granules must be dissolved in water. Fortunately, the granules do not have a smell. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You must have the intuition to tame them and also make them thrive:D.;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
@Daren Beautiful pictures and unusually made! (y) Did you lay on your stomach to do this in such a perspective? :D

Hi Larisa, I've Not tried this approach to snap the snowdrops before. I Had to Take a few getting right down on the ground & Play about with the Camera It was basically on the grown so could not look through the lenses to see if it was in focus or not. Glade you like them :)

Daren: Do you happen to know the names of the 2nd and 3rd galanthus please?

Hi Alp sorry to say I've Not sat down & tried to Name my galanthus. I've Been lucky that I basicly Inherited a thousand or two of them around my caravan there are Several variety's From looking at the diffrences in the flowers But I'm know expert on galanthus:) I Could be sitting on a gold mine of them :D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The last one is probably nivali - very common. The one above could be elwesii. The one above that could probably get you some money. The double is probably Flore Pleno.

This one could be a money maker

upload_2018-2-25_20-19-33.png

Could you please photograph some more? Got any yellow ones?

I think I have Inge Blonde, Wendy's gold and Primrose Warburg. My lady elphinstone is nowhere to be found. And I don't inherit them!:cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Rabbit pellet fertilizer is good. Drop a few pellets around your plants, good for about 7 years as they break down. Doesn’t burn plants like other manure does. Can also mix in water for liquid fertilizer. But solid pellets are good straight in the soil, no need to let them break down.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Rabbit pellet fertilizer is good. Drop a few pellets around your plants, good for about 7 years as they break down. Doesn’t burn plants like other manure does. Can also mix in water for liquid fertilizer. But solid pellets are good straight in the soil, no need to let them break down.

LOL! Where have you been hiding or hibernating? So nice to have you here!

Ask a Question