What's looking good in February 2017

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Flurries of snow this morning, feels like someone left the door open in Norway :eek:

DSCI0001 (4).JPG

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:D It's good to be back!! (y)

It was 12 degrees yesterday with blowing snow, back into the 40s for the weekend.
Same here, just a little warmer. Woke up yesterday morning, it was 18°F, this morning it was 48°F. Beautiful sunrise, by the way!! :)

I've done a little poking around, and learned that for the month of January, our (well, Columbus, Ohio) highest high was 67°, and our lowest low was 7°. We had 6 days that never got above freezing, but we also had 6 days over 60°. We've got a new warmest average temperature for the month of January, 43°.

I wonder if I'm in zone 7 yet? I guess I'll know if the gladiolas come back. :(

I decided on a new avatar. (I love to change my avatar!! :ROFLMAO:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20170212_124350.jpg
rps20170212_124324.jpg
rps20170212_124555.jpg
We have had a fairly wet summer so my summer garden is quite pretty in spots, not so the main lawn. Have lost a couple of plants, one camellia and my Port Wine Magnolia. I am trying the old water dripping hose for a few days but think they're both too far gone:(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
:D It's good to be back!! (y)

Same here, just a little warmer. Woke up yesterday morning, it was 18°F, this morning it was 48°F. Beautiful sunrise, by the way!! :)

I've done a little poking around, and learned that for the month of January, our (well, Columbus, Ohio) highest high was 67°, and our lowest low was 7°. We had 6 days that never got above freezing, but we also had 6 days over 60°. We've got a new warmest average temperature for the month of January, 43°.

I wonder if I'm in zone 7 yet? I guess I'll know if the gladiolas come back. :(

I decided on a new avatar. (I love to change my avatar!! :ROFLMAO:)
Hi MaryMary. I like your avatar, sounds like Melbourne, weather although we are teased that we can get all seasons in one day:(.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MaryMary, i'd be glad to hold the beer.;)
It sounds .like a nice offer... but why am I suspicious? :cautious: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Lol @ your avatar, MaryMary. :p Same could be said for Michigan, and Colorado's Front Range, where I used to live.

Hi MaryMary. I like your avatar, sounds like Melbourne, weather although we are teased that we can get all seasons in one day:(.

Do they also say, "If you don't like the weather here, wait 15 minutes." ?? :ROFLMAO:

@DeborahJane, your garden is, as always, absolutely gorgeous! :love: :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
Russian Federation
Smell soil, smell fallen leaves. It's the smell of spring. I am waiting for spring. We have snow and rain now. Please show a little bit of spring yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
Russian Federation
Thank a lot!! What a nice area where you live!

Last edited:

Ask a Question