DSCI0257.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, what are the two tallest plants? Looks like weeds! Oooop! I mean unwanted grass!

There's a cup and saucer vine behind the echiums, the plants are from @Bootsy's open day :)

Only grass I can see are bamboo poles :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Echiums! I so wanted to have some of them. Saw them 3 or 4 years ago in Fenton House, London and they were so prickly. After that, I wanted to buy seeds and confused them with Speedwell! I ended up with tons of speedwell and no echiums and then I realised that it took ages to have a flowering plant!

Just show how ignorant I am.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Those echiums grow to enormous heights down here alp ....a common feature in our gardens. :) 15 to 30 feet. No, doesnt take ages to have a flowering plant......from seed they usually flower in their second year but then set seed again and the process goes on.
I have seen people grow them by their front door only to be surprised by their amazingly fast growth in a few weeks.

Sunny morning but chilly.....ideal for being outside :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:joyful:Papaya blossoms were a big garden surprise for me this early December evening as i watered. This is the first year i have grown Papaya and i have 3 trees (not really a tree, but a forb but everyone calls them trees). I grew them not so much for the fruit (which i do love), but for the big finger leaves to provide mid summer shade for some of the other plants. I wasn't anticipating blossoms. Compared to the leaves the blossoms are quite small and they have a lovely not too sweet lemony fragrance. So if you are buried in snow, i hope these blossoms will warm your heart.
P1020961.JPG

P1020959.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
They look lovely .. must be a nice and sweet surprise for you. That's gardening for you. Just like the fact that I saw a gazania bud after several days of snow...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
So if you are buried in snow, i hope these blossoms will warm your heart.

Thank you, @Beverly ! This is very important for me. :)
Of course, Christmas decorations appear on the streets, but nothing can replace the sun and fresh flowers!

4.jpg
6.jpg

Bulbs for winter flowering on the balcony. Now they are wrapped in a warm cloth. If after the New Year I bring it to the heat, they will quickly bloom.

17.jpg

18.jpg

Blossoms azalea. :love:

15.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question