Whats looking good in August 2015

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you DeborahJane and Becky. :)

The snails haven't touched the Nicotiana @DeborahJane but they have demolished the flowers on my new Clematis below! :mad: I would imagine they're not lovers of nicotine. :D

View attachment 8199
Those are beautiful flowers. We have had an unusually dry summer and so everything is starting to die around here. The leaves on the trees are already staring to brown because of lack of water. My dad predicts that we are going to have a bad winter this year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I think I would put the Hydrangea in the ground too @DeborahJane, don't think they care to much for root restriction.

An idea below and I'm wondering if it's available to you. This is Fuschia 'Hawkshead'. It has delicate white flowers and is hardy so although deciduous it will survive the winter months. This picture was taken last year and over the winter I made the mistake of pruning it. I've found out since 'Hawkshead' doesn't like being pruned and this summer it's hardly flowered at all! :oops: The other little flowers in the pot are dwarf Sweet Peas.

013.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I think I would put the Hydrangea in the ground too @DeborahJane, don't think they care to much for root restriction.

An idea below and I'm wondering if it's available to you. This is Fuschia 'Hawkshead'. It has delicate white flowers and is hardy so although deciduous it will survive the winter months. This picture was taken last year and over the winter I made the mistake of pruning it. I've found out since 'Hawkshead' doesn't like being pruned and this summer it's hardly flowered at all! :oops: The other little flowers in the pot are dwarf Sweet Peas.

View attachment 8239
Thanks Sheal. That is a pretty fuscia. I like your suggestion. The standard fuscia grew well in my pot so I think another fuscia would be a suitable and impressive option.(y)

JHB

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Bell peppers: pale yellow, perple, and undetermined.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 227

JHB

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Santa Fe grande peppers and more Serranos then I will know what to do with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 263

JHB

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Carrots and purple beans that turn green when cooked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 235
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Zigs. :)
You're a clever lady.
I wonder at the skills of proper gardeners, who can make areas so beautiful..
The bloke who lives next-but-one to me has made the most wonderful garden from bits and bobs he's picked up in fields etc. and you could not imagine how aesthetically pleasing it is.
I'm reasonably proficient, but no great shakes, at g-y-o, but this is a different, superior talent.

Reaction score
A few pics from the garden this afternoon:

View attachment 8218

View attachment 8219

View attachment 8220

The jasmine is smelling gorgeous right now! :)

That is just lovely, Becky! It looks like things are still pretty warm over there, almost close as warm as they are here. Lovely pictures :) I really need a new camera so when I start gardening in my new home I can do the same and share a lot pictures with you all :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
You're a clever lady.
I wonder at the skills of proper gardeners, who can make areas so beautiful..
The bloke who lives next-but-one to me has made the most wonderful garden from bits and bobs he's picked up in fields etc. and you could not imagine how aesthetically pleasing it is.
I'm reasonably proficient, but no great shakes, at g-y-o, but this is a different, superior talent.

Thank you for the compliment @headfullofbees. :) I really don't consider myself to be a gardener, I prefer to grow plants from both seeds and cuttings, but of course they need to be planted somewhere so the gardening has to follow suit. I came close to buying and running a nursery years ago but was to involved rearing my young family at the time so gave the idea up. No doubt we all have regrets in life. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question