Not open for further replies.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You guys have some great looking greenhouses!

Ta :) It was full of rubbish when we got it back from the tenant last year :eek:
DSCI0304.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Zigs, your photos always make me homesick for England, and I'm not from England!

:) Might be a genetic memory, I always had a thing about the West Country, then I found the family came from there 500 years ago :eek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Tetters, that is Crossvine (bignonia capreolata) which is evergreen here, and after the heavy spring bloom, blossoms off and on throughout the summer and fall. I love it, and have taken cuttings and rooted them for friends. This area may soon be known as the "Crossvine capital of Texas"!
Zigs, my maternal grandmother was from England, perhaps it is a genetic memory. If not, it's just a deep and abiding admiration for the English, Scots, Irish, and Welsh, and their lands.

the lawnsman

lawn and garden super freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
View attachment 52085

My bonsai Azalea is flowering nicely. Once the blossoms are done it will get trimmed up to look like a small tree again. I just didn’t have the heart to cut the flowers off this year.

how cool is that!
(I'll take that table when you get tired of it!)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Zigs, I have no idea where she was from. I just know that she came to the states and cooked for the railroad crews. She died years before I was born. I would have loved to know her.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Zigs, I have no idea where she was from. I just know that she came to the states and cooked for the railroad crews. She died years before I was born. I would have loved to know her.

Aww, that's a shame :(

Found the grave of a great grandad of mine near Salisbury, he worked on Churches like I did too :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Zigs, your great grandfather was a mason, and some of his knowledge and skill must have been passed down to you. I wonder if my love of cooking and baking came from grandmother. There may be more to this DNA thing than we thought!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Zigs, your great grandfather was a mason, and some of his knowledge and skill must have been passed down to you. I wonder if my love of cooking and baking came from grandmother. There may be more to this DNA thing than we thought!

There might be something in that :)

DSCF1391.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
how cool is that!
(I'll take that table when you get tired of it!)

It looks like that table is totally neglected but actually I have quite a bit of work in it to get it aged like that. It was a hideous white when I got it and I wanted it to look old not dainty. After many tries I finally achieved the look I was going for and now spray it every month with Ospho which stops the rust but doesn’t remove it. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question