Whats going on with my Elephants ears?

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all.

Just built a house and am sorting the front garden at the moment.

I want the tropical look.

Planted a couple of Elephant Ears a month or 2 ago and the leaves are looking a bit funky!

The garden gets a lot of sunlight, its going into winter now here so its not hot but there is plenty of sun. I read that Elephant Ears should be in a shaded spot so does this look like to much sun or something else?

Its the weird Grey looking patches - It seems to be on the older leaves.

Thank you =)

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Almost looks like sun scald. Have a overhead tree leafing out late or a change of sun from the nursery if they were up already? They will harden off. You might not see it next year.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all.

Just built a house and am sorting the front garden at the moment.

I want the tropical look.

Planted a couple of Elephant Ears a month or 2 ago and the leaves are looking a bit funky!

The garden gets a lot of sunlight, its going into winter now here so its not hot but there is plenty of sun. I read that Elephant Ears should be in a shaded spot so does this look like to much sun or something else?

Its the weird Grey looking patches - It seems to be on the older leaves.

Thank you =)
My elephant ears are in pure sun but other then summer / rainy season I do water them with the hose every few days .

I have found that a DILUTED calcium and regular fertilizer supplement goes a long way , worm castings even better .

This is an old pic showing my 75 gallon platy / guppy '' pond '' lol but it shows some of the elephant ears . I keep several types through out the yard but all get pretty much full S.Florida sun .

Attachments

Ask a Question