What time of day do you prefer to spend in your garden?

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I also like going to the garden - to weed - early in the morning and then get back home at 11am. I don't like sweating while working, that is why I prefer working in the morning. I sometimes go to the garden in the evening, as from 5pm to 6pm. I like planting seedlings in the evening, mostly when it has rained.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
All day when i can get away with it, but that is not too often. The labor intensive things i save for morning or early evening when it is fresher and cooler. In the heat of the day i do things in shady areas, and then there is the hammock :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite time would be first thing in the morning or at dusk. If I am weeding or having to water manually, I try to do it when the heating of the day is at it's least. There is no way I want to spend a couple hours in 90 degree temperatures or more pulling weeds. I always like to sit out in the garden and enjoy what I am growing and doing, I stead of getting burnt and dreading it. Plus, I think you are suppose to water the garden when it's not the hottest point of the day.

Ask a Question