What plant is this

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Personally, I'd prefer to move it, if it was mine, because it seems so close to the wall that it would obstruct the natural branching out of the tree, not to mention the root system of the tree. Also, since it's winter time and the tree is getting 7-8 hours of sun, then there's a good chance it will get less as spring/summer approaches, since the sun gets higher in the sky -- assuming it's a south-facing wall.

The south-facing wall of my house gets nearly all day sun this time of year, but gets shadier and shadier as the sun gets higher in the sky.

Also, the high-temp factor (for any other direction the wall may be facing) would be a concern, especially seeing that you're living in Puerto Rico.

P.S. We're still not sure what type of plant this is, so that's another factor; it just reminds me of a citrus species. I see the new green growth at the top, is the base of the stalk/trunk woody? That would be a better indication that it's a citrus, but still not conclusive.

Ask a Question