What pant is the green stick? what is that under the leaf?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, There, I got that green plant around 3 or 4 months ago, still alive in a base, I like it, but Im curious what type of plant that is? should I put it in soil? it doen't have roots, but I see those white things in each leaf some on the top most of them in the bottom. just 1 in each leaf, Sorry my phone is not that good the take pictures. Any info?
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 1.53.27 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 1.57.06 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 1.59.39 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 1.56.20 PM.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't know what the plant is but the white things look like scale insects. Google soft scale insect and see if anything looks familiar.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestion, I just looked on internet. maybe they are scale insects. The weird part of that is, each leaf has only 1 of those things, located at the center of the leaf where the midrib is. just 1 in each leaf.
Either or I'll keep my eyes open.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestion, I just looked on internet. maybe they are scale insects. The weird part of that is, each leaf has only 1 of those things, located at the center of the leaf where the midrib is. just 1 in each leaf.
Either or I'll keep my eyes open.
If it really is scale you will soon have more, a lot more. Give it a week or two.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's not scale and those are not leaves, they're stems. Those are flowers of Butcher's Broom, Ruscus aculeatus. It is a member of the Lily(!) family. It's commonly used by florists because it lasts so long in arrangements.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's not scale and those are not leaves, they're stems. Those are flowers of Butcher's Broom, Ruscus aculeatus. It is a member of the Lily(!) family. It's commonly used by florists because it lasts so long in arrangements.
Yes, I had those for probably 2 months or probably 3. they look great still. * After reading your msg, I looked on internet, and yes! those are the one I had in my house and in a vase, I recently planted and see if that will grow. So far is alive. CPP Thanks for the info and your help.

Ask a Question