Will your plants be wearing stockings or panty hose, next season ?

Reaction score
20130623-105440.jpg

The sunflower is wearing panty hose ;)
PA101914.JPG
The apples are wearing knee highs :)

p4090613.jpg
The onions are wearing stockings. :cool:

Found these when looking for alternatives to fruit bags, to protect my fruit from the birds.

Am sure that many of you are already aware, of the many uses of discarded stockings and panty hose around the house and garden.

They are particularly useful in the garden, because they are lightweight and stretchy, which means they won't damage young leaves or fruit, when used to repel birds and insects.

They are also very good for storing onions and garlic, as they are breathable, therefore allow the air to circulate, personally I think fishnet stockings would be great for this, as they would look really good especially colored ones, and although I don't wear them, I'm seriously considering buying some just for storing my onions and garlic.:cool:

What garden uses do you have for discarded panty hose or stockings and what will your plants be wearing ? :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Like it

We'd have to use tights in England instead of Panty hose :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:D Like the sound of that :D

Reaction score
What a great idea. DIdn't know what to expect when I saw the title, but thanks for the pictures and yes I too have my mind running now. Never ceases to amaze me the ingenuity you find here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
They're panty hose in South Africa too.

This topic came up just when I was wondering how to protect the fruit on a small potted fig tree that has recently started developing its first batch of fruit - so far I can only see signs of two or three. The trouble is that panty hose won't protect the fruit from hail, so I might need to build some sort of shelter as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, I 've never seen anything like this. Who knows, maybe it's a good idea, but I still prefer to wear stockings on my legs rather than on my miniature roses:p

Ask a Question