What is this?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry I couldn't get pics to upload yesterday.

Attachments

• 20170927_194534.jpg
    20170927_194534.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 222

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You're doing well this time. You can click full image and your photo can be seen nice and clear.

Shame, I'm not doing so well this time... Ah, what is it? Ooops! Hopefully, someone will sort it out for you.

Could be euphorbia?! If so, handle with care.. with gloves or you might end up in hospital!

Reaction score
Country
United States
You're doing well this time. You can click full image and your photo can be seen nice and clear.

Shame, I'm not doing so well this time... Ah, what is it? Ooops! Hopefully, someone will sort it out for you.

Could be euphorbia?! If so, handle with care.. with gloves or you might end up in hospital!

Yes, I believe it is Euphorbia myrsinites

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Myrtle Spurge (Euphorbia myrsinites) is a semi-succulent trailing perennial native to southeastern Europe and southwestern Asia. It is a popular ornamental for Mediterranean and xeric gardens. Though the plant is perennial, individual stems have a biennial growth pattern, in which they grow vegetative the first season and then flower and go to fruit the second Spring & Summer. The flowers are a bright chartreuse yellow and the seed capsule that follow are a dusty pink, both colors contrast nicely with the pale blue-green of the leaves.

A similar Mediterranean plant to look for is the Upright Myrtle Spurge (Euphorbia rigida). It has a similar color palette but the stems grow more upright to one and half feet or so. Also the leaves are a slightly different shape and the plant flowers earlier, usually in late Winter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuFlungPu

Latest Threads