What is this plant?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi- I'm new to this forum. I'm posting because my 6 year old son noticed this plant growing in the grass in our backyard. Can anyone identify this for me? The leaves are a little fuzzy.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Call me cray, but it kinda looks like ''epazote'' to me, if not it's a plant that looks soooo awfully similar to that amazing herb, I used that herb for making my ''caldo tlalpeño'' See:

epazote_a.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

This appears to be one of several tall, weedy Fleabanes (Erigeron spp.) known as Horseweeds, which were formally placed in the small segregate genus, Conyza. The shape and toothing of the leaves is variable, and flowers and fruit are needed for exact identification, but the plant pictured appears most similar to either Erigeron canadensis (formerly Conyza canadensis) or Erigeron sumatrensis (formerly Conyza sumatrensis). Erigeron is a cosmopolitan genus in the Aster Tribe (Astereae) of the Daisy Family (Asteraceae).

Ask a Question