What is the name of this plant

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like to plant this in my yard. But don't know what it is called. The leaves look like lemon grass.

Attachments

• grass_plant.jpg
    grass_plant.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 132
  • grass_plant3.jpg
    grass_plant3.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 152
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1565117152514.png
to the forum @hmoobvajj.

There are so many different ornamental grasses, and some can be very invasive. If I were you I would plant that one in a large pot until it has flowered, and you can find out for sure what it is.
Maybe you could post another photo when the flowers appear ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 57117 to the forum @hmoobvajj.

There are so many different ornamental grasses, and some can be very invasive. If I were you I would plant that one in a large pot until it has flowered, and you can find out for sure what it is.
Maybe you could post another photo when the flowers appear ?

I'm looking to buy this plant is the reason I like to know what it's called. I don't have the plant.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If then you are buying it from a nursery, it should have a label. Without the correct name. I wouldn't buy it if I were you.
For example, I planted a grass several years ago which had no label, and it turned out to be a huge nuisance - not only to me in my garden, but all of the neighbours as well. Mine was a Carex pendular, which seeds like billyo all over the place.
Ornamental grasses generally are a firm favourite in my garden, and I have grown many varieties, but now I always double check the labels.

Reaction score
Country
United States
If then you are buying it from a nursery, it should have a label. Without the correct name. I wouldn't buy it if I were you.
For example, I planted a grass several years ago which had no label, and it turned out to be a huge nuisance - not only to me in my garden, but all of the neighbours as well. Mine was a Carex pendular, which seeds like billyo all over the place.
Ornamental grasses generally are a firm favourite in my garden, and I have grown many varieties, but now I always double check the labels.
Sorry I guess I was not clear. I have not bought the plant, I'm still looking to buy this plant and I don't know what it's called. Which is Why I need the name.

Ask a Question