What does your garden look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thought I'd share something, not from my native garden, but from my garden pond. At least six ducklings have hatched this morning! The mom has been on the nest all month long and I knew it was going to happen any day now. Now I'll wait to see how long they stay. I'm hoping to get shots of them swimming in my pond before they move on.
IMG_9841 copy.jpg

IMG_9859 copy.jpg

IMG_9862 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
You guys have a lovely garden. My garden is so messed up these days that I don;t want to show it to the world. Its rainy season, rainy season is the time when lost of things should be planted from rice and corn to vegetables and flowers. I am planting all, thus, everything is so messed up. Rainy season is also a season when there are weeds around and these weeds need to be cleaned.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
A great surprise in my garden today. This first Monarch caterpillar of the year!
IMG_9887 copy.jpg

Penstemon's blooming season is just about over, but Black-eyed Susans continue to bloom in the background.
IMG_9880 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
That coneflower is nothing but sheer awesomeness! My swampweed is just getting past the pretty bloom stage. It has been a very difficult year with many of my critter friendly perennials due to the lack of rain. I do have an irrigation system, but it's simply not the same as real rain. To date I have seen only one monarch in my yard, as opposed to many I had at this time last year.

Ask a Question