what do you do with strawberries?

Reaction score
Dried strawberries are soooooo good, and you can put them in so many different things.

I think my dehydrator was a fantastic investment. I've been able to preserve much more of my produce, as well as just having another way of preserving it and getting some variety. My rows of jars of dried stuff look quite pretty on my larder shelves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love my dehydrator too:) We have two apple trees in our garden and they produce a lot of fruits. We can't eat them all, so I always make dried apples. They're really yummy! It's a very healthy and delicious snack. It's funny that I never thought of making dried strawberries. I must give it a try.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow, this really sounds like heaven! I hope I'll be able to harvest more strawberries soon, I really want to try this recipe out. I'm pretty sure marshmallow fluff isn't available in my area, I heard that you can buy it only in the US, but I plan to replace it with regular marshmallows:D

You are missing out if marshmellow fluff is not available where you live; that stuff is so good! It is usually sold in the baking aisle of the store, but that is in the US I guess. Do they have any American food stores where you live? I know around here, they have stores devoted to people who are from other countries that sell their native foods, maybe they could order some in for you.

Reaction score
For me, I do all kinds of stuff with strawberries. I use them in making smoothie, ice cream, pie, cheesecake, sherbet, jam, syrup, cupcake, and etc. The only problem is I wish I could of grown them myself. I buy them all the time at the supermarket but I always make sure to buy the frozen ones instead.

Reaction score
I love to clean and cut them and then put them in a container and after that I sprinkle sugar on them and sit them in the fridge. After that they get real sweet and make a syrup. So you have real sweet strawberries in a sweet syrup. I know it is not the healthiest but it taste so good.

Reaction score
You are missing out if marshmellow fluff is not available where you live; that stuff is so good! It is usually sold in the baking aisle of the store, but that is in the US I guess. Do they have any American food stores where you live? I know around here, they have stores devoted to people who are from other countries that sell their native foods, maybe they could order some in for you.

Oh that Fluff does sound good. We have a very good online supermarket that operates here in the UK; they sell a great range of popular foods from other countries, and the US section has this Fluff in it!! I shall be picking up a jar when I next do my shopping....Just pass me the spoon!

Reaction score
I eat the strawberries by hand after washing them. Another thing I'll do is add other fruits and make a fruit cup. I also really like putting whip cream and chocolate on them. There are so many things you can do with strawberries.

Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is to make jam, in my opinion. If I have time I enjoy making strawberry rhubarb pies or strawberry pies. I like to eat them with some cottage cheese as a snack. My mom likes to cover them raw in powdered sugar and eat them!

Reaction score
Ooh I didn't think about putting them in a dehydrator. I love dried strawberries. I'l have to break mine out and make some this weekend! Strawberry syrup sounds great too. I love all the ideas from this thread :) Now I'm hungry as well lol.

Reaction score
I do a lot of things with strawberries. Mainly, eat them. Love putting them in cakes and pies as well. And sprinkling them onto my morning cereal to make it a bit more healthy. A good start to the day.

Reaction score
I love eating fresh strawberries, but I absolutely hate the texture of cooked ones. What do you do with your strawberry bounty?
We live in Florida and right next to Plant City which is mostly where all of the strawberries come from. We are blessed to say the least!! I use them in your typical recipes but if I have an over abundance I will usually cut off the stems and freeze them. I love them in smoothies and with them already being frozen there's no need to add additional ice which makes it delicious!!

Hope this helps!
Danyel :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I do something similar, @cmiller. The only thing different is that when I have cleaned them, cut them, put them in a bowl and sprinkled sugar on them, I pour a little red wine vinegar in them. The syrup is so sweet and delicious, you'd think it was red wine instead of vinegar. Of course, I let them sit in the fridge for 24 hours so the vinegar and the sugar have time to do their thing. This is the way my granny made it, and I still do it like her.

Ask a Question