What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I planted 4 Mr Lincoln roses along the garden deer fence. Picked up more peat moss for the garden. I am glad it is not bigger. I will get it tilled this week if it stays dry. Got more seed trays, peat pots. I made a discovery that Jobes sells a compost innoculant that could "mistakenly" end up in the garden. I was looking for innoculant but did not realize it was also sold in such a big bag for other reasons. Also got some rooting hormone- acid for my attempt at more tea olives.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I got more bulbs dug and replanted, added pansy seeds to the planters, watered everything, I hope that brings the rest of the bulbs up faster. Every time I think I got them all, surely I’ve dug up every inch! There’s one or two or three! Tried making a filter for my pool pond, um. Pure silicone doesn’t hold well on plastic. So I’ll have to find a better way to keep my dividers doing their thing. The fish like the fountain though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Today, bought 5 varieties of variegated cannas. Can't wait to get them in the ground, I'm already a little late and have to wait on shipping now! I have a few cannas already here and they are starting to pop pop, a little slow because the temperature dropped again this week, but everything should take off soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Got 32 tomatoes up and fed them yesterday. My mustard greens in the hoophouse are partying hard and in love with this cool weather.
1BCE2B8E-0451-44FA-8FD0-9DFC8EC5FE38.jpeg
D83FD57A-DCC9-410F-8315-571CE5A0E602.jpeg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Washed more pots and washed the clay off the door mat. It was caked in it. Erected 3 tomato greenhouse for the cold snap on Sunday.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Engaged in deadly combat with notorious terrorist weeds. Said terrorists were engaged in a gross display of cowardly terrorism against innocent flower bushes. Good natured and unable to fight back I entered into bare handed combat on their behalf, unprepared and outnumbered but highly determined I dove in.

After being gored in the finger a few dozen times (I'm a slow learner) I made a tactical retreat to find appropriate body armor for the task. These terrorist were rather thorny and stubborn. Armed with thick leather gloves I proceeded to root out this evil wherever it dared show itself ( literally here). In the end the casualties were a few layers of skin from my hands and forearms and a few dozen thorny Vines with 3 to 4 inch rhizomes.

Of course, a few escaped into their network of underground tunnels and I'm sure we will be dealing with them in a few more weeks. the battle rages on!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I also repotted some lilies and added a few star gazer bulbs. I now have a beautiful 23" Lilly pot and a smaller 12" pot. I have a few bulbs left I need to decide what to do with.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
this weekend, weather looks wonderful, dry and sunny with just the right crisp cold. after errands, mail, food shopping and stopping in to the cheese shop for a bit of bag pipping will be raking leaves out of gardens today and Sunday.

Ask a Question