What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Done decided I should get a Job so I don't work so hard.

Fed my Worms. Watered some stuff.

Planted Tomato, Hot Pepper and Califlower Seed.

Planted some Mushroom Spore in Straw and Wood Chips.

Put some old Hay down for my Chickens.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
It rained from last night till now. turned cover crops in 4 beds. cleaned off Asparagus bed.

composted 1 bed where I put cabbages in a few weeks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Finally pruned my sour cherries and gooseberries. Everything is finally punef! I didnt summer prune the gooseberries so it took so long and my pruning hand is scratch up and stings from the thorns. I wont forget what happened to my hand this summer when it's time to prune those gooseberries.

I had to remove so much from the gooseberries. They fruit heavy causing the branches to sag. Most branches were rooting on the surrounding ground.

I have several varities but one variety didnt have any thorns and was a pleasure to prune. Planted that 2 springs ago and I just noticed no thorns. Also picked berries last year and didnt notice no thorns. First time I pruned it and after a sore hand I noticed right away, lol. I'm getting old!

MOD

Reaction score
Country
Australia
40 degrees C (104F) for the fourth day. Worked in the morning watering everything I need to survive.
Now I'm sitting under a ceiling fan, with the air conditioning on and watching video of waterfalls - aahhhh.. and fountains ...ohohoo... and rainy days .. mmmm..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
I picked the windiest day of the year to spread that weed paper stuff down and replace mulch with river rock.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
So windy about here, maybe some pruning I can do. I am concerned about some dead trees in my neighbors front yard, one has had their limb crack and lay onto the next one, way up high, 120 feet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Today was a golf day all eighteen holes open, for the first time this year.

A sign of Spring. The feeder had a visitor last night.

IMAG0087.JPG

I'd left pellets in there for a couple of weeks, but not checked the camera, as it wasn't disturbed when I checked each day. But when I came home this afternoon I could see it had gone, so I took the card out of the camera and found this, I'll put some more food out tonight.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sprayed 16 gallons of copper mixed with horticultural oil. Time change is nice since it gives me more time to work outside after work. Funny how when I run out of time, light or product I spray my favorites first. Ran out of light so 4 more gallons today for the gooseberries, sour cherries, kiwiberry and blueberries. Blueberries don't really need it and the kiwi still hasn't flowered. Sour cherries my least favorite not to much care goes into these but they produce. Mostly for the birds I only like the Nankings but they are small.

MOD

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just gave the roses another spray of Sulphur Rose. Every time of done it, it rains the following day.
Most sprays are most effective when applied before rain. It helps prevent the bacteria/fungal diseases from spreading through the rain. Kill what you can before it spreads. I only sprayed yesterday because rain was in the forecast yesterday. Now the forecast is clear for me to finish spraying today.

MOD

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Finally moved the little cat house off the deck where my sweet cat Sissy spent her time sleeping . She passed on Dec. 8. she was 19 years old. Did not like to be inside much. House had a heater in it, very solid and out of the wind. Placed it over behind a shed, maybe someone else will need it. Not ready to trash it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well mixed soil for Raised Beds and planted Beets,Kale,Spinach, Radishes and Lettuce.

Set some plants out to get acclimated.

Got a Billboard and a Port ta Pot.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a heat mat a while ago, replaced the unfused continental two pin with a three pin fused plug, and the fuse kept blowing. Wrapped the fuse in a bit of 13 amp kitchen foil, working beautifully. I figure as it didn't have a fuse in the first place it is probably OK.

Ask a Question