Watering your Garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I prefer sprinklers. tried soakers, but really do not want to deal with placement of them. usually water in the evening if I have too so the sun does not suck up the water. We have lots of huge gardens, and lots of long hoses to move around if it gets bad and dry. Our farthest garden is about 100 paces from our back door. most our gardens are 20 foot by 20 foot.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I prefer sprinklers. tried soakers, but really do not want to deal with placement of them. usually water in the evening if I have too so the sun does not suck up the water. We have lots of huge gardens, and lots of long hoses to move around if it gets bad and dry. Our farthest garden is about 100 paces from our back door. most our gardens are 20 foot by 20 foot.
Sprinklers in the evening increases the risk of fungal infections, like mildew.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Sprinklers in the evening increases the risk of fungal infections, like mildew.
My main garden is 26 years old and you can see from pictures that they show no sign of fungal etc. Perhaps I water just enough. Will keep what I have been doing all these years as it seems to work.

Last edited:

Ask a Question