Picture of plants needing little watering for the garden

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
466dde0ef4dafe89d0f69e1d8b377b41.jpg

Plants that need very little watering.

Reaction score
I guess succulents would do the job? Here are some pictures of my favorite succulents:

succulent.jpg

No idea what the name of this one is, but I used to have one of these.

succulent.jpg

blue-succulent.jpg

You can actually do a lot wonderful things with succulents.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Cacti and aloe plant don't need a lot of water either, but in my opinion they aren't too pretty:p
I love the picture in your post, Pat, all of these plants look so good together! It's very artistic. I wish I could have a garden like this.

Reaction score
Apart from succulents there are hundreds and hundreds of different varieties of low maintenance drought tolerant plants that can be used in this way - most of which are perennials and you are spoilt for choice with the number of trees and shrubs as well as all the grasses, palms, phormiums and many other flowering plants that you have to choose from - here are just a few more examples of how good drought tolerant gardens can look

Drought Tolerant - Phormium and Kangeroo Paw.jpg

Drought Tolerant - contemporay landscape.jpg

Drought Tolerant - Rock Garden 0.jpg

Drought Tolerant - wildlife garden.JPG

As you can see there is no reason why a low maintenance drought tolerant garden should ever be dull and boring.

Reaction score
Very well done, most of what I plant in my flower gardens is low maintenance; no time for fussy and/or prissy plants! Beautiful gardens, thanks for sharing those photos!

Reaction score
What a great splash of colour in those pictures. My garden has survived droughts because I put a lot of mulch around my plants and saved every drop of water from my kitchen and bathroom. I would also only water my garden after sunset and make sure that no precious drop of water would get wasted. It survived, perhaps with a little yellow patches here and there, but still, it didn't take long for ot to recover when the rain finally came.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Apart from succulents there are hundreds and hundreds of different varieties of low maintenance drought tolerant plants that can be used in this way - most of which are perennials and you are spoilt for choice with the number of trees and shrubs as well as all the grasses, palms, phormiums and many other flowering plants that you have to choose from - here are just a few more examples of how good drought tolerant gardens can look

View attachment 2373

View attachment 2372

View attachment 2371

View attachment 2370

As you can see there is no reason why a low maintenance drought tolerant garden should ever be dull and boring.
OMG! They are so beautiful. What's the last one? I just really loved it.

Reaction score
OMG! They are so beautiful. What's the last one? I just really loved it.

Gorgeous aren't they - and even though these are just a few examples of just how good a drought tolerant garden can look - am glad you liked them :)

When you say that you really love the last one - am not quite sure what you are asking - is it one of the plants or the overall look of the garden that you like ?

Reaction score
Wow, those are a lot of really pretty plants!! I will keep this in mind; I am planning on what I'm going to plant right now, and I need things that are low-maintenance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Philippines
Those are beautiful and colorful gardens. Quite right that they don't have to be boring- there are plants for every kind of climate. These would have done so well in Dubai, they invest a lot in maintaining the gardens there.

Ask a Question