Watering large areas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone have any luck watering a large area with a portable watering system?

I have a small orchard, 30 trees, 150’ x 30’ and I’m trying to find something I can put in the middle to water all of at once.

I’ve tried an oscillating and tripod rotary both advertised for 4500 sqft neither of which water anymore than a 1/4 of that.

My water pressure and volume are superb. The only thing I can think is working against me is the distance from the tap. I’m about 300’ away.

Any
Anyone have any luck watering a large area with a portable watering system?

I have a small orchard, 30 trees, 150’ x 30’ and I’m trying to find something I can put in the middle to water all of at once.

I’ve tried an oscillating and tripod rotary both advertised for 4500 sqft neither of which water anymore than a 1/4 of that.

My water pressure and volume are superb. The only thing I can think is working against me is the distance from the tap. I’m about 300’ away.

Any ideas?
[/QUOTE
You’re probably right about loosing pressure at 300’. I have a frost free hydrant Installed on the line off the rural water line that has no reduction valve installed. Pressure is 145 PSI. With the right nozzle I could blow bark off of trees. I also run 300’ to get to the back of my garden. Pressure at 300’ is about 70 PSI. Big drop. I wish I had a good solution for watering your trees.

Ask a Question