Water lilies

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maddie, I like purple water lilies too (I'm pretty sure I like water lilies in all possible colors). I find purple flowers quite unique, it's a beautiful color. But I like it the most in a very delicate shade:

3033504719_a099123937.jpg

Reaction score
@ tmaan those waterlilies are really pretty...
I wish I could have a couple of plants and for me they would be purple.. deep purple... with a few whites for contrast... I checked the prices in our nursery and gosh they were really expensive.... i was not sure if I could afford to experiment with them.. You just need one and you will have many baby plants from it... I need the space though...
Maddie what part of the world do you live? I might have some pieces come spring when I pull mine up to repot and possibly divide but it would only make sense if you lived in the states.

Reaction score
Tmann, that is really kind of you... I live in the other end of the world... Nope no chance of me ever getting a piece of your prized plant.. but the thought counts.. I appreciate the offer.. Thank you.
@ Claudine, I generally like the lighter shades, but the deep purple ones look beautiful in the sun... the contrast with the deep green leaves makes it pretty..I generally love pink flowers but after seeing a few deep purple ones in the lakes as we drove out of the city has left deep impressions on my mind.. I can close my eyes and visualize those beautiful pictures in my mind's eye.

Reaction score
I have a lovely glass vase that i use indoors i am wondering if i could use this to grow just one water lily...i haven't had experiences with any water lily at all so i am not too sure.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Water lilies are illegal in some states. I'm not sure if they are illegal in Nevada or not. The reason they are illegal is because they are an aggressive plant and grow quickly. They have a tendency of choking out the natural inhabitants of lakes and ponds. Many states made them illegal to prevent their seeds from spreading to the natural water areas in their state and killing off the natural inhabitants of the area. I'd have to check to see if it would be legal for me to have them. I love them, they are my favorite scent to. I might be able to get away with growing them indoors though. That indoor pic of the water lilies was amazing.

Ask a Question