Want to share your vegetable soups recipes?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Depend on mood and stock available.
When I am hunger, I like to add veg balls, macaroni, etc
Otherwise I like clear, don't really like tomato based.
I like the noodle soup, they served in the newly opened shop nearby, but noodle was square pieces rather than long pulled ones.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Genetic or not, cilantro does taste like soap, and not the expensive scented kind!

I think cilantro is one of those foods that should never be eaten alone. I love to munch on a piece of parsley but will gag on cilantro. However, in salsa or other spicy foods cilantro is a must. It is like horseradish. I couldn't eat a chunk of horseradish to save my life but can't imagine a nice prime rib without it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I add extra diced soya chunk to veg balls, Veg ball give you something chewy texture to the old soup, and can be served as main instead of starter.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just grate veggies and use it instead of meat in meatballs.:D

What a good idea! (y)

I once dated a man whose teenage son didn't like vegetables, and absolutely hated onions. :eek: He wouldn't eat anything I made, if he saw even a tiny piece of onion in it. I tried explaining that cooked onions are different from raw onions, but no, that didn't matter.

So I decided to trick him. I don't need chunks of onion, I just like the flavor. Making homemade spaghetti sauce, I ran an onion through the blender, and threw in a couple carrots for good measure. :sneaky: He ate it, and complimented me on it!! (The pureed veggies helped the sauce thicken quicker, too, which was an added bonus!) I did the same when I made chili. He ate onions for six months before I told him. :whistle:

Last time I saw him, he proudly told me, "Guess what? I eat onions now. They have to be cooked, but I eat them!!" :cool: :joyful:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure, I bought my husband a cookbook called "How to cook everything: For men" and he surprised me with this delicious soup when I came home! The recipe is just called Potato Leek Soup. We made a few revisions with the sour cream and bacon :)

What a good idea! You've trained him or yourself well! Every husband should be given a cookbook on how to cook everything!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I personally love coriander - a most wonderful fragrance and taste with noodles, rice and curry. The do say that it's genetics which determine whether you like it or not. I love parsley and coriander and have now 2 different corners devoted to them. Parsley still doing very well and coriander will rise up in summer. They add incredible flavours to dishes. We even chop up the coriander stalks to enhance the flavour of a dish!

Ask a Question