Unwanted cat in my garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Amy, there is a water gun called a "Super Shooter". It looks like an AK47, and shoots a stream of water quite a distance. Many toy stores carry them, or something similar. Your mom could take up target practice--no harm to the cat who will soon get the idea to stay away, and you can give your mom a sharpshooter's badge!
that would be good to use. when I rescued the kittens, kept them in the house, as a training tool, if they started putting their claws on a drape the water gun would come out and give them a quick hit, that is all it took, once to get the message across. got so good I could aim over the head of one to get to the one that needed it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Thanks for all your great suggestions. I think in the spring I'll try the wooden skewers in the garden a try.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
One more idea is you could use plants that carry a powerful scent such as:

•Lavender
•Rue
•Geranium
•Absinthe
•Lemon Thyme

Try cultivating one or more of these plants in your garden, interspersed amongst your garden plants. This will make the whole area disgusting to the local feline population.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My Great Grandmother used to spray ammonia a long her fence and she sprayed the rocks with it too. That old trick worked for keeping cats and rats away from her house and garden.

Ask a Question