Unexpected Hibiscus

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, hope someone has an answer. I have 2 white Hibiscus plants growing in 2 different areas of the yard. I did not plant them. I have Pink and Red Hibiscus plants. How would this random white Hibiscus end up growing in my yard? Thanks

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't know anything about flowers, I never planted them or purchased them but I've got all kinds of stuff growing I never planted. Birds and other things eat the seeds and poop them in my yard and some the wind blows some from neighboring yards and end up growing in mine. I'm guessing something like that happened with you.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very interesting topic thanks for sharing your experience with us. Under suitable soil conditions with the right environment, Hibiscus seed can germanate and flower in one year or the first year. There are two types of Hibiscus, topical and hardy. Hardy hibiscus can withstand harsh winter conditions and grow in cold climates. Sounds like maybe a flower from years back has spouted and grown for you this year.
Can you post photos?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
One of my yard customers has a large hibiscus. The flowers are bright pink. However, there are always a few stalks that have maroon flowers.

Ask a Question