Uh-oh, I need help

Reaction score
I have a Holly bush that lost all its leaves and 4 Leland Cypress starting to turn brown. I have had well over 6 inches of rain recently. Could this be the reason? If so, what can I do? I dont want to lose anything.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a Holly bush that lost all its leaves and 4 Leland Cypress starting to turn brown. I have had well over 6 inches of rain recently. Could this be the reason? If so, what can I do? I dont want to lose anything.
Where are you located and has there been any other anomalys relating to the weather besides rain.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The Leylandii around here are all covered in brown patches after the hurricaine sprayed them all with salt water ( i'm a mile or so from the sea).

Not sure about the Holly though.

Welcome to Gardening Forums btw

Reaction score
Where are you located and has there been any other anomalys relating to the weather besides rain.
I am located in southeast PA. And other than the rain there really hasnt been anything else. Should I take it out or is there a chance it will come back. I scraped the bark of one of the bare branches and it was not dried out.

Reaction score
The Leylandii around here are all covered in brown patches after the hurricaine sprayed them all with salt water ( i'm a mile or so from the sea).

Not sure about the Holly though.

Welcome to Gardening Forums btw
Thanks for the welcome and for the response. I'll just keep an eye on things and hope for the best.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am located in southeast PA. And other than the rain there really hasnt been anything else. Should I take it out or is there a chance it will come back. I scraped the bark of one of the bare branches and it was not dried out.
Don't do anything yet. How long has the Holly and the Leylands been in the ground and did these symptoms start at the same time? Do they have good drainage? Hasn't it been raining quite a bit there regularly besides the 6"? Are the brown leaves on the Leylands falling off or staying on the tree?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear about your recent plant troubles, but welcome aboard! (y)

Chuck asks some very good questions in the post above, a bit more info would certainly be useful. Could you post a photo?

Ask a Question