Total beginner right here!

Reaction score
Hello, every one my name is Felicia. My husband and I have just gotten a new place. I can have a garden! Now I have two post set up one out front, and one in the back surrounded by trees. So of course the front gets the most light. I am looking for any tips. Like what plant is best to use for a beginner? I want to be able to talk to the person I am getting information from just in case. You the extra back. Well I look forward from hearing from you all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello, every one my name is Felicia. My husband and I have just gotten a new place. I can have a garden! Now I have two post set up one out front, and one in the back surrounded by trees. So of course the front gets the most light. I am looking for any tips. Like what plant is best to use for a beginner? I want to be able to talk to the person I am getting information from just in case. You the extra back. Well I look forward from hearing from you all.
It would be a big help if we knew where you are located. What grows in one place may or may not grow in another

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh my gosh. How silly of me I guess that would help. I am in Pennsylvania.
You are going to be a little restricted in Penn. now. Freezing weather isn't that far away and I don't know many vegs except brocolli and cauliflower that you would have time to grow. Maybe someone who lives in that area can give you better advice

Reaction score
Thank you for yours. I guess it would have help if I said I wanted some year round plants. I don't just want shrubs though. The back garden has a swing in it. That will be my place to read and relax. You know mommy time.

Reaction score
Kale and some of the root veggies like beets and turnips will probably be okay. I live in Connecticut which puts me at a higher latitude than you but not by much. Carrots, if they are planted now, will probably do fine.

Reaction score
I am sorry but i wasn't looking for any food items to plant. Not yet like I said I am just a beginner. Looking to start out small.

Ask a Question