AF90096E-8DCF-417F-BBCB-B60EEF632BE6.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 25
  • B4E229E9-9C47-4BD3-9E28-90D60B8722F9.jpeg
    B4E229E9-9C47-4BD3-9E28-90D60B8722F9.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Looks like early blight. Water on the leaves doesn't help it. I remove any leaves that have it if I see it but someone might have a better method and reply.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It’s pretty much on every leaf
If I am right and it's early blight it's a fungus so maybe a fungicide would work.. but I am only guessing. Someone with more knowledge will know better and let you know when they see this. @Chuck do you know if the plant can be saved?

The fungus can stay in the ground so next year I would plant the tomatoes in a different spot. I am sorry I am not a lot of help on this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't think it is early blight. Early blight has brown spots with a yellow halo around it. This is a fungus however. Looking at both pictures it appears that the plants have a micro-nutrient deficiency too. I would spray the plants with a dual regimen. I would spray first with a baking soda solution of 1 tablespoon of baking soda per quart of water and a small squirt of dish soap. I would wait a couple of days and then spray with a 50/50 mix of 3% hydrogen peroxide. I doubt if you will cure the problem but you can probably maintain the plant long enough to have a harvest by keeping up the spray regimen by spraying every week or two. I would also add 2 tablespoons of Epsom Salts per gallon of water to the base of the plant and also add some iron. And as @pepper stated, don't plant tomatoes in that spot next year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Possibly Septoria Leaf Spot but that usually has dots in the center of the white which I cant really see.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it is early blight. Early blight has brown spots with a yellow halo around it. This is a fungus however. Looking at both pictures it appears that the plants have a micro-nutrient deficiency too. I would spray the plants with a dual regimen. I would spray first with a baking soda solution of 1 tablespoon of baking soda per quart of water and a small squirt of dish soap. I would wait a couple of days and then spray with a 50/50 mix of 3% hydrogen peroxide. I doubt if you will cure the problem but you can probably maintain the plant long enough to have a harvest by keeping up the spray regimen by spraying every week or two. I would also add 2 tablespoons of Epsom Salts per gallon of water to the base of the plant and also add some iron. And as @pepper stated, don't plant tomatoes in that spot next year.
Thank you I appreciate the response

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Since you are in Wales, I'm going to suspect that you are growing in a greenhouse.
We have had a lot of hot days, but relatively cool nights, & in a greenhouse that means temps 50C (120f) or more, down to under 10C (50f).
You MUST, in these conditions, open your greenhouse vents & doors as early as you can after sun-up, closing them just before sun-down.
You should also be prepared to hose down any paths at least once during the hottest part of the day, & mist the greenhouse, for the fountain effect.
You also have to shade your plants with greenhouse shading cloth.
All this because your plants get very stressed, so can't take up nutrients, which may in any case be dwindling due to required frequent watering.

If you're not growing in a greenhouse, then obviously, this advice is no use to you, but may be useful to others.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since you are in Wales, I'm going to suspect that you are growing in a greenhouse.
We have had a lot of hot days, but relatively cool nights, & in a greenhouse that means temps 50C (120f) or more, down to under 10C (50f).
You MUST, in these conditions, open your greenhouse vents & doors as early as you can after sun-up, closing them just before sun-down.
You should also be prepared to hose down any paths at least once during the hottest part of the day, & mist the greenhouse, for the fountain effect.
You also have to shade your plants with greenhouse shading cloth.
All this because your plants get very stressed, so can't take up nutrients, which may in any case be dwindling due to required frequent watering.

If you're not growing in a greenhouse, then obviously, this advice is no use to you, but may be useful to others.
I appreciate the help thank you

Ask a Question