Today in my garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I hope I never see one in person, because I am very afraid of them. Their saliva can kill you! :eek:

Although that statement is partially true, their saliva is not poisonous. Apparently, so we were told by our ranger when we were there, their saliva is so full of bacteria (they haven't got any tooth brushes ;)) that their prey get sick and weak within 24 hours. So they don't bother to chase them down. They find them the next day and finish them off.

They're actually strong enough, and pretty fast, to be able to kill their prey immediately but some of the prey can react and move very fast.

I didn't get too close, and had an armed Ranger with me. (y) The Island is a National Park so the Dragons are also protected. Some people do live there but it's not the most attractive of places as it's hot, arid and mainly scrubland.

Reaction score
I am so afraid of these things. Snakes are not my friend! I would love to take a picture of my tomato plant. I have a huge plant on my porch. We've had so much rain that it has grown so big. I actually have two tomatoes growing already. I love gardening but I haven't taken the time to grow anything. I am seriously thinking about taking this week to plant greens and beans.

Ask a Question