Tips of leafs turning black

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got lots of indoor plants all of which are happy and doing well but for some reason every time I get a begonia this same issue comes up, the tips of the leaves turn black, sometimes they go soft and others they go crisp but it eventually spreads over the whole leaf.
It gets plenty of indirect sunlight and I water it when the soil goes dry roughly once a week, I’ve had it for roughly 3 months with no issue but now this is popping up all over, appreciate any advice
IMG_9186.jpeg
IMG_9184.jpeg
IMG_9185.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
They do that after a while and there's not much you can do about it. If you were monitoring the EC and pH you would know more.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Qembzi , welcome to the forums. Begonias really hate to dry out. They are not happy either without sufficient humidity. When you water, you should make sure the plant has water running out through the bottom of the pot. It can be better to water from the bottom, and stand the plant in a tray of water until it has wicked up enough to wet the top of the compost before taking it out of the pool.
Obviously they mustn't stay in the water once the compost is saturated - but if they get dry they sulk!
They would love for you to give them a spray over their leaves during warmer weather too :)

Ask a Question