Tiny tiny lucky bamboo leaves propagation

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have my lucky bamboo (3 stalks) for 18 months now. I brought it to work, regularly watered using distilled water until 1 time it was not cared properly. Could be the dust, sunlight, temperature, that the sides of the plant showed signs of dying as seen in the photo.

Then I brought it home about a year ago, then 1 stalk became soft and yellowy all over and died. I cut the only healthy tiny leaves to save it and propagate it. I placed it in a tiny glass jar. Took many months until roots started coming out, a couple months ago was the fastest I've seen it grew. Now i think it has nice roots. Anyone can give me an advice what my next action is?

I feel like this is my baby, happy to see it growing roots and surviving in this tiny jar.

And also, my main lucky bamboo (2 stalks remain) is well, looking healthy, but not growing new ones anymore. I wish it would grow more nodes.

PXL_20201003_014337373.jpg
PXL_20201003_014502201.jpg
20200404_102656-COLLAGE.jpg

mandy1010

love plants :)
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi, your lucky bamboo looks great. For lucky bamboo, it's quite a versatile plant so it can grow in both water and soil. If you decide to continue growing the small one in water, you should change it every so often to ensure the water is clean and you could decorate it with some stones and rocks. If you decide to grow it in soil, you should use a well draining soil and water when the topsoil is dry. Personally, after my lucky bamboo grew to about 15-20cm I changed the medium from water to soil.

Two things you might want to look out for is the sunlight and dust on the plant. Firstly, when placed in bright direct sunlight, its leaves tips will turn brown or it'll turn yellow. Secondly, dusting often would be great for your plant.

Ask a Question