This is not a kiwi!?

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I think she will be ok. :)
Growing quite nicely.... I'm going to start giving it small amounts of nutes and then bring it in for the winter pretty soon :p

Oh yeah!! It's growing much faster than I expected. Always assumed they grew extremely slow as well.

Here comes the challenging part because winter is coming... I'm pretty sure I'll have to over-winter this one inside since it's the ONLY one .

I wonder though, if it does turn out to be a fruiting cactus, will it require a cross-pollinator or male/female counterpart?
Well, I guess that's assuming it is even a fruiting cactus.
Yeah, I think it's best over wintering it inside. Cactuses can handle very big extremes when it comes to temperature but it's better being safe then sorry. I'm not sure if it's cross-pollinated but I very often see fruiting cacti by themselves but bees can really travel long distances.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think if it is inside, it may go a bit dormant in the Winter, but I bet when the Spring hits it will be growing quickly again. I am planning on bring a couple of plants inside for the winter, but I have some time yet..The night temp has not gone below about 55 degrees, so no worries...now.

I sort of want to leave it outside, but, don't want to risk it dying since it's the only thing that sprouted. I'm fine with it going semi-dormant inside. Next growing season will provide GRACIOUSLY. :p

Too bad I found this closer towards the end of this growing season :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I sort of want to leave it outside, but, don't want to risk it dying since it's the only thing that sprouted. I'm fine with it going semi-dormant inside. Next growing season will provide GRACIOUSLY. :p

Too bad I found this closer towards the end of this growing season :p

Wow this is just about the strangest thing I have ever heard about. Either this is the greatest gardening hoax of all time, or a miracle of nature :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow this is just about the strangest thing I have ever heard about. Either this is the greatest gardening hoax of all time, or a miracle of nature :ROFLMAO:

Well, if it is a hoax, it's not on my end...

I'm thinking that nature just took it's course and a seed somehow ended up in my dirt xD

Isn't that sort of how plant species spread? Somehow a seed or two is accidentally spread out a little further than normal? :p

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
O yes a little Kiwi Cactus .....they make this stuff out o them
kiwi.jpg

Ask a Question