Kiwi vine without fruit

Liane

Liane
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi all from TN! I had a miniature kiwi vine shipped to me about 3-4 years ago. It is thriving in the sunny garden location, but has never fruited . Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@roadrunner is correct. Kiwi's are either male or female plants. The seller should have told you this. You need 1 male plant for about every 6-8 female plants. It's easy to tell what a plant is. Just google how to tell male and female kiwi vines apart. There should be all kinds of info.

Liane

Liane
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I purchased an Assai mini vine, which I researched when I was purchasing, and they said it was a self fertilizer. There are other kiwi vines require male and female, maybe they sent the wrong plant!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I purchased an Assai mini vine, which I researched when I was purchasing, and they said it was a self fertilizer. There are other kiwi vines require male and female, maybe they sent the wrong plant!
An Assai kiwi is different from a regular kiwi. The Assai is self fertile but unlike the other kiwis it must reach full maturity before bearing fruit. This takes from 3-6 years. Be patient

Liane

Liane
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Perfect thank you! I thought I was doing something wrong :) Happy New Year everyone!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hormones can help.

About Triacontanol

Triacontanol is a naturally occurring fatty alcohol, a phytohormone or growth stimulant for plants which is found in plant cuticles and beeswax. When used correctly, Triacontanol can significantly increase the amount of chlorophyll in leaves, improving the rate of photosynthesis as a result. It can also destress plants.

When to use Triacontanol
Triacontanol is an incredibly versatile phytohormone that can be used on almost any plant in the world to achieve a variety of beneficial effects.

Chief among them is the ability of Triacontanol to significantly increase plant growth and crop yield thanks to the fatty alcohol’s ability to enhance photosynthesis. Leaves and blossoms in particular can see significant increases in size when Triacontanol is used, as too can root systems.

Triacontanol can also be used to help fight disease in plants, ward off potential disease and act as an anti-aging agent. As a nutrient uptake enhancer, it can also aid plants suffering from poor nutrient intake or other growth deficiencies.

Ask a Question